School’s Out Forever: MS Webcam League [48 Players]
It’s summer and school is out! Last week we wrapped our biggest Middle School League to date, at 48 players strong.
The league featured great matches every week, and an especially dramatic Top 8. Three out of four quarterfinalists broke serve and advanced against higher-seeded opponents. Ultimately, local regular Patrick Vincent made enough land drops and drew enough cards to bring the title back to Austin.
Going into the summer months, we’ll be taking a break from webcam leagues so we can enjoy in-person Magic. With that, we’d like to thank several people for their support over this past year of leagues:
- Our stream gurus, Nate Golia and Rob Connolly. This is a brutal job. Every week, they’re at the mercy of so many different pieces of hardware and software, but they habitually put together great entertainment every Thursday night.
- Woodrow Bogucki, Andrew Webb, and our standing cast of stream hosts. These guys stepped up and gave great running commentary throughout weird gameplay, and brought a lot of professionalism to our coverage.
- Rajah James, Jake Hilty, Lorien Elleman, and all of our friends outside of Texas. It’s been a true pleasure getting to know all of you guys, and we’d especially like to thank the regional community leaders who’ve evangelized both this format our events.
Most importantly, we’d like to express our deep, heartfelt thanks to all the players who participated in our events over this past year. 2020 and 2021 could easily have cratered our community, but as things open up, the Romancing the Stones scene is stronger and more active than ever. Y’all kept us together this year, and we can’t thank you enough.
As recently announced, we have in-person Vintage this Saturday, June 19th at Kinda Tropical. We’re throwing around ideas for some pop-up events this summer, but otherwise, y’all can plan on seeing us again this Fall!
- Patrick Vincent – UW Landstill
- Luke Tooker – UW Landstill
- Robert Foflygen – The Rock
- Robert Wilson – Counter Rebels
- Sam Krohlow – Full English Breakfast
- Aaron Kahler – Slivers
- Bryan Hockey – Junk Combo Hermit
- Jake Hilty – Oath
- Greg Kotscharjan – UWB Control
- Andrew Webb – Tradewind Survival
- Eric Caffrey – GW Slide
- Ben Revell – Pox
- Conor Brown – Rector Oath
- Ian Files – UWG Grow
- Rueben Vela – Life Combo
- Dustin Ransom – Stasis
- Tom Conmy – UG Thresh
- Ben Nafziger – UR Phoenix
- Angelo Kortyka – Tax Rack
- Rajah James – Dragon
- Rob Connolly – Opposition Elves
- Ty Thomason – Dragon
- Stuart Ziarnik – Sligh
- Ryan Linda- Tax Rack
- David Lance – Full English
- Hayden Bagot – DECKLIST MISSING
- Kyle Wells – Deadguy Ale
- Lorien Elleman – Junk Rector
- Stephen Bush – 4C Tax Rack Grow
- Tim Baran – UB Tog
- Nate Golia – UW Drake
- Mike Klements – Armageddon Elves
- Cayce Grissom – 4C Grow
- David London – Enchantress
- Brian Tweedy – The Solution
- Justin Martinez – The Rock
- Chad Frazier – Opposition Elves
- Travis Brown – Opposition Elves
- Mike O’Malley – Wheaties
- Jonathan Brunssen – The Solution
- Joe Kington – Wheaties
- Alan Finney – UG Oath
- JJ Johnson – Aluren
- Joseph Amaya – WB Control
- Jasper Mangus – Merfolk
- Jon Brne – Reanimator
- Cameron Gilpin – Mono Black Storm