Romancing the Stones tournament series are divided into seasons. Each season lasts about a year, and ends with the Romancing the Stones Invitational for that season. The winner becomes the Romancing the Stones Season Champion, and earns a year of bragging rights.
Event Info for the Season 5 Invitational
- Date: Early December
- Location: Austin, TX
- Format: Timed Swiss rounds consisting of a mix of vintage and middle school.
- Decklists: Competitors submit their decks in advance, and we play with open lists.
The following players have secured their chance to battle to become the Romancing the Stones Season 5 champion.
- Bryan Hockey - Season 4 / 2022 Champion
- Andrew Webb - 1st place at Dance Party 2023
- Robin Mannas - 1st place at RTS 27
- Patrick Vincent - 2nd place at RTS 28
- Paul Garrett - 1st place at RTS 29
- Rob Connolly - 1st place at School’s Out 2023
- Bo Zhang - 1st place at the Houston Hurricane
Invites to the players who will qualify for the season 5 / 2023 Invitational are given out for:
- 1 invite to last season’s invitational champion
- Winning a single-day or league event (other than the Festival of Friendship)
Players can never earn more than one invitation. Thus, if a player who is already invited places 1st at an event, the invitation for that event would go to the 2nd place finisher. If that player is also already invited, 3rd and 4th place will face off for the invite.